- Place your palms flat on the mat close to your lower rib cage.
- Keep your elbows tight to your ribs
- Point your toes back, pressing the tops of your feet into the mat
- Roll the heads of your arm bones back to make your side body long
- Inhale, press your hands down and lift your torso from your waist all the way up into your armpits
- Draw the bottom tips of your shoulder blades into your back to create opening in your chest.
- Look straight ahead with a soft gaze or keep your neck long and curl your neck up to gaze up.